CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Week 10 - Esperanza-Elder Ramirez

Feliz navidad/ prospero ano felizidad!!


Well these last two weeks have been quite crazy... but amazing!! so to start off our progressing investigator didn't come to church the week before, and all she needed was one more church attendance to get baptized! but she didn't come but another progressing investigator did! Alfonzo! So we were excited but still a little sad that Lourdez didn't come to church. but the rest of the week we kinda focused on teaching Lourdez and making sure she was going to come to church and that she knows what she needs to know! and it went great! when we were teaching her lesson 3 the gospel of Jesus Christ, by the end she asked sooo when am i getting baptized! haha we were just like well in two weeks!! but you need to come to church this week! so she agreed and then told us that before we came she was really stressed and confused and in pain but at the end she said she was happy and feeling good! its amazing what the gospel does to our lives!

And With Alfonzo we planned on teaching him Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. so one day we were looking at our agendas and said um... lets go to Jose who lives across from Alfonzo and who is a teenager that wasn't on our agenda for that hour, and quite out of the way. but we went and when we were down the road we could see Alfonzo with his hands to the sky... and we were just like Okay? so we walked up to him and he said, "I feel really bad right now and I don't have a cell phone to call you, and my neighbors aren't home so I can't use theirs! but God led you to me!"  I was just like wow.... speech less..  its like the song, "let the holy spirit guide" haha but we didn't know we were letting it... all i can say is "my testimony has been strengthened so much here!!"

Well christmas was amazing skyping... but other than that not really much. Except I did eat Stingray!!  I thought it was just chicken with a weird shape to it haha. but it was really good! but I hear it is really expensive soo I don't know when I will eat that again. But with Christmas eve and Christmas day.. I had some strange food that I just had the hardest time eating... like their pierna, and fruit salad with ranch, and hot fruit drink with orange grapefruit peels... ahh man its very rough haha but very funny looking back! I still love it here and ya I'm still trying to get used to some of the food. 

But to wrap up the email. Lourdez CAME TO CHURCH ! SHE IS GOING TO BE BAPTISED!!! THIS SATURDAY! my first baptism. and I am truly happy. and soo is she! she is practically a member already but she needs to be baptised haha but Alfonzo didnt come this week.. we dont know why yet but we are going to check up on him today. 

Well I love you all thanks for your prayers and everything you have ever done for me. have a great time in the cold haha and have a great new year 2015!! wow crazy... but in a wink of an eye it will be 2016 and i will be coming home... so i need to make the most of this time so continue to pray for me please. thanks!

Elder Horlacher

Their Christmas Tree Christmas Eve. Trevor wrapped his old camera in this cookie box
for one of the Elders that didn't have a camera. He had asked me while skyping if he could
give his old camera to Elder Cruz. He was pretty excited to give it to him.
This is the dog that Trevor says has a bubble butt.
Christmas Eve with Lourdez & her  husband

Trevor loves to send pictures of lizards, dogs, turtles, any kind of animals.


 Here they are cleaning the baptismal font.
 Trevor said that the rats are about the size of his foot.
So of course he wanted to show us.

 Doing service for Brother Martinez, from their ward. He loves the missionaries.


 He LOVES Kalamity's shirt, "WORK HARD~STAY HUMBLE"

 The Hermana's made these cupcakes for the elders
 Black teeth from eating the hat.



No comments:

Post a Comment