CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 73 ~ Guamuchil, Sinaloa ~ Elder Alverenga

So this week was a great one! but a hard one at the same time! haha to start off we had zone conference on Tuesday and we had to go over to Guasave which is an hour away in a bus.. so we got there and this day it was so cold like it was at 50 degrees!! and we were walking as if it was 80. haha But next thing we know it starts to pour!! and we were walking and still had like 4 blocks to get there, so we started to run! And well long story short is my shoes that I have had my whole mission died... They died when I started to run.. haha I think I'm going to let then rest in peace! haha but in the zone conference we learned more about the 
* Follow him and find a new life*
and let me tell you, it is one of the most coolest things to see and use here as a missionary! I love these videos, the cards to give to members, and non members, so that everybody can get closer to Christ! I am really learning a lot here in this part of my mission and area. I have felt more love for my Savior then I have ever at this moment in my life, I have felt this new life coming about me! I know that through our obedience we show our love for our Savior.. and that is something I put to the test this week. I have always been obedient but I really was only doing it because I have to be obedient, but something changed in me that my heart was softened and I had this desire and love to do it not because I felt like I had to, because I love my Savior! I have received the strength I needed for this week. 

This week we found a new investigator, Jose Fat. (that's literally his name) Jose, is one of those guys that has a lot of knowledge of the bible, but is stuck on the doctrine that says, "there will not be prophets and there will not be more testaments(scripture)"... so we started our lesson on the restoration. He was nice until we got to the great apostasy, that's when he started to pull out the scriptures.. haha we explained but he just wasn't having it.... so we decided to end the lesson, we invited him to read the pamphlet. We went by to see if he had read it and he did, but he marked all the things that he didn't like, and the scriptures that goes against it!! haha dang, we were just like, dang this guy is just not having it! But in the end he understood our point of view, but would NOT accept a Book of Mormon or even believe in other scriptures! But he still wants to listen... I don't know whats up with this guy but its really helped my testimony to grow more, and my studies have been a little better so I could prepare myself for these doubts that could enter my mind or his mind! But I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God and it can help us know the True characters of Jesus Christ, and More about the gospel! 

OOO I also wanted you all to know that I have hit my head so many times here on the door ways... in our house my head hits the top of the doorways at every doorway!! but I hope my pain gives you a little laugh:) ooooo and my companion hit a car with his bike!!! haha the car pulled out in front of him and he didn't have brakes and he hit the tire!!! haha it was so funny! nothing happened obviously he and the car were alright!  LIFE IN MEXICO!!!

Elder Horlacher
 When we got to the church we made our own raincoats to get back home, somewhat dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment