CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 71 ~ Guamuchil, Sinaloa ~ Elder Alverenga TRANSFER DAY

So this week went by very fast, we had a lot of preparations to make for the district and in our area! First off I gave my whole district a kakui nut necklace in our last district meeting! I knew transfers were coming up and there was a possibility that I would be transferred since I had been there 7 months, so I love my district and I wanted them to know it, HAWAIIAN STYLE!!!  It was awesome, they all loved it and I'm pretty sure that they all wore it all day haha ;) I did do it Hawaiian Style, by putting it on their neck and giving them a hug, BUT NOT THE SISTERS!!!! 






 but also we were trying to help Domingo and Elizabeth get married all week but they encountered some trouble and couldn't find the papers that Domingo needed to be able to get married. So they didn't get married and he wasn't able to be baptized. But he still is very very excited and animated to get married and be baptized! 





I had to go and do 4 interviews for my District on Friday! I literally was on the bus going to Pueblito to Pueblito all day long! But it was really cool to see how humble the people live, it's cool to be reminded to be grateful for what you have! and later on Saturday the sister missionaries had a baptism and I baptized the 12 year old boy, he is really cool, he has Down Syndrome but really loves the gospel and tries his best to do right! He was afraid of the water but little by little he got over his fears! and was baptized! 

We got to hear from a member of the 70 for stake conference, and he gave some of the best talks ever. He talked about marriage and how the First Presidency is really worried about husbands and wives in the church, in how we need to love our spouses better! It was really powerful, and then he talked about how missionary work is actually the work of the members and the missionaries are just angels here to help the members!! That was very cool! 
SOO hey back home!! Work and teach and preach as missionaries do!! 

I got Changes (Transfers) and now I'm in Guamuchil, Sinaloa.! It is like 6 hours from my other area in valles! It's the furthest south in my mission. Its really cool and my new comp. is Elder Alverenga he's from Salvador!
Its going to be a great time here in my new area! I feel like I'm starting all over, but the excitement is overwhelming. I can't wait to meet new people, new investigators and share the gospel!!!

Love ya all and have a great week!

Elder Horlacher

No comments:

Post a Comment