CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 55 ~ Ciudad Obregon ~ Elder Juarez

Sooooo ~ This week went by so very, very good. We saw many blessings in the work we were doing! This week we have been visiting with Alonso, and he started saying to us that he would like to come with us to visit people and share his testimony with them. So we invited him to an activity that we were going to do, which is talk with people in a flee market, that's what they do here. I carried the table over my head for about a mile ;) to the flee market. Where we set up and started talking with people passing by! I held up a poster that said "ENGLISH CLASSES ¨FREE¨", and you would be surprised at how many people here know a little bit of English but want to know more! So I told them where and when and it was going to  be held, which was actually like an hour later from the activity! We had 4 people come to the Class!!! I was so surprised! But during the activity Alonso was helping us and he was contacting people saying, "these guys are from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and we are sharing a message of jesucristo during this English Class!! It was so awesome to see him doing that and sharing with these people what he thought was important and what we share is important! 

But I had a test FAITH! So Alonso had a job opportunity or interview on the day when we planned to do this activity and he told us that he would come with us! So when we showed up to pick him up, he told us that he couldn't go because he has a job interview, and that's when my companion said, "well you know what, this happened to me also and I choose to go do visits with the Elders, and the next day they gave me the job anyways!" Then he told him that it will happen to him also!! I was like dang!! OK... then Alonso looked at me and said, "what do you think Elder Horlacher?" I looked at him and said, "you know what, if you have faith, God will bless you!" At that moment it hit me hard, and then I questioned myself, "would I have enough faith to make these sacrifices that I'm asking of my investigators?" It's a big question of FAITH. But I know I would in the end of all things! I will,I know the Lord will provide a way, after a test of our faith!! 

We as a mission are going to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days, and I invite everybody who can and is willing to accept the challenge and read the Book of Mormon in 100 days with me!! I know it will help in your lives a ton! And you will have a stronger testimony of why we need to read the Book of Mormon everyday! 
Well I love you all and be safe this week!! 
Love Elder Horlacher


No comments:

Post a Comment