CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 20 - Esperanza - Elder Salazar

HOLA Familia... haha 

Well this week was pretty dang good!! I just want to start off by saying a HUGE THANKS to EVERYONE that sent me a heartfelt letter, for the letters of my fellow SC Missionary buddies and emails to those that wished me a happy birthday, it really was one of  THE BEST birthdays in my life!! IT WAS SO AMAZING! I have the best family and friends!!!

Well this week started of pretty hard, with finding or meeting with people to teach. But all went well! So on my birthday, Friday-March 6th, we went to Obregon for a zone conference, which is always awesome. I get to talk and see people that I haven't seen for awhile and to add to that excitement, they all sang me a Spanish church "Happy Birthday" song haha then all the gringos sang, "Happy Birthday" to me, it was pretty cool! Then I went to the mission offices and got my package!! Man THANKS SO MUCH for that package!! I think my favorite part of it is all the wonderful letters!! haha I love reading what everyone of you had to say!! All so different haha.  Afterwards, we went back to Esperanza to eat and from lunch we went straight to the Baptism for Javier!!! We got there and there wasn't a lot of support because, it was on a Friday, at 3:00 so it was hard to have a good attendance.. but I baptized him and it was pretty cool!! The water was a little cold and I was so focused on saying his name right that I almost messed up on the prayer... haha but all went well and it was such a cool experience on my birthday, what a great gift for me to give to someone that I care about!! Then after the baptism, my companion told them all that it was my birthday and they sang the Spanish church song again haha Then the grandma of Javier came and it looked like she was going to give me a hug... so I just put my arm out stiff and shook her hand... haha. 

After the baptism we went to teach Joshua!! And that was a cool lesson! He is soooo ready, soooo prepared, he has the desire to be baptized, to study, pray, but the one slight problem is that his dad won't let him....and that is a big problem for us missionaries... but we are going to continue to teach him the lessons and pray for him, and we have faith that heavenly father will soften his dads heart and let him do what is right!! Then to finish off my birthday we bought a tres leches cake, and so I ate that, then I sat on my bed and read all the letters that night:) thanks so much for those letters!! I can't thank you enough!!

A Spiritual experience that I had this week was we went to see how Annie was doing and if she still wants us to teach her. So we got there and started teaching her but as normal she started asking a TON of questions, and one of her biggest doubts about us is that we can baptize her.. that we have the priesthood! So we told her if she doesn't believe us then we will bring the Bishop to explain it to her... and she was pleased with that..So then we wanted to show her a video (The Hope of Gods Light) and so we put it on and watched it... and wow that video is so powerful! After it got over she turned and had a different face... then my companion told her what he liked about this video and said that every time he watches it he feels something. Then she turned to me and asked "do you feel something?" And I said, "yes I feel peaceful, joy, happy, and a love like no other". Then she didn't say anything and I thought "oh no those sound like cliche responses!!" so I hurried and asked if she felt something, and she said, "you know something, I have always asked why God keeps sending you two here, when I forget to do my homework, when I don't study or read. But when I was watching this video   I realized that it's NOT Elder Salazar or                 Elder Horlacher knocking on the door.. it's God!!"  WOW!! I cant tell you how strong the spirit was... literally I wanted to cry in joy!! but I held it in:) and I told her that I was going to be talking in sacrament meeting on Sunday and she said, "ok I will come!!" so we left happy!!

But when Sunday came around... we waited and waited and waited but none of our investigators came... not even Javier to receive the Holy Ghost!!! So that was really kind of a punch in the face or a downer... But I still had to give my talk, so I gave my first talk in sacrament meeting, and it went alright haha I didn't look at the paper the whole time!! and I talked for 9 minutes haha I was pretty surprised with it but I still don't have control of my knees when I give talks... haha but ya this is my week!! 

I love you all thanks for all you continue to do for me and all of my letters, they were the BEST gifts ever!! Be safe and remember that not only I love you, but Heavenly Father and Jesus LOVE YOU!!
LOVE,
Elder Horlacher
You have NO idea how much this birthday box meant to this boy.
He could not thank me enough for the LETTERS that I collected from coaches, teachers,
friends, families, uncles, aunts, cousins and sisters. That was all he asked for and the
Jesus The Christ Book (Thanks to Coach Campbell). He said it was the BEST BIRTHDAY!!

Elder Horlacher and Javier.
Elder Horlacher & Elder Salazar with Javier and his family.
Trevor said that this is a BAR in Mexico.
He said at least they don't DRINK and DRIVE! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment