CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, November 24, 2014

Week 6 in Esperanza-Elder Islas

Hola de aqui in mexico... 

All is well here. but this week was really slow because like half of my district thought they were going to leave to they spent alot of time together. It is kinda rough.. but all is well. but last pday we made hand made tortillas!! aww they were so good and actually fun to make..  

Tuesday we had interviews with president and all my district and zone got planched (like getting put straight? i used to say hammered?) haha but i had a 5 second interview... he didn't even shut the door.. haha but i guess he planches, hes a plancher haha they say i'll see in my next interview... but all is well i need it:) but Tuesday I brought my English scriptures with me cause i had to study at the church, so i was carrying my scripts all day and we took the bus to go to mutual that night and i forgot my scriptures on the bus!! in mexico... o my i was so depressed, but my comp. asked me if i wanted to go try and get them, ( earlier i studied about faith and how we need to act for god to bless us) so i said yes lets go, as soon as i said that i started a prayer and just kept asking and asking that i could be able to get them back.. when we got to a spot where all the buses come back to, and waited for 25 minutes. then finally it came back and we ran on and asked the bus driver and he just said oooo.... then turned and grabbed them from his side and said these? ah man i was so feliz!! so so happy so much gratitude! man i mean its just scriptures but it had sentimental value you know?

Wednesday we taught a women whose name is maria lourdez and we taught her the first lesson.. and it was my turn to teach how the gospel blesses family's, so i did then i bore my testimony of it and how i can see the blessings in our family. then later on the lesson i was going to teach on the earthly ministery of christ when i just felt like i should ask her if she feels the holy ghost and she looked at me alittle confused but then realized, and it just hit her(the spirit) she teared up and said yes.. i felt it when you bore your testimony on families and i want that unity in my family.. man that was a great lesson, we didn't get to all the points because of my bad order.... but esta bien.  but something my companion said after the lesson that was a eye opener was he said " you know why she was chosen for us?" i said no what do you mean? and he said " well she has had missionaries over before but didn't have them return... its because she could understand everything you said! " i just knew wow.

but the rest of the week nothing really exciting.. i mean Sunday, we got our transfers....I am getting a new companion today, his name is Elder Ramerez? ya. Elder Islas is going to Navajoa, he has a coastal city!! but ya 3 missionaries left our district. so i'm teaching my area.. haha man.. hard life here as a missionary.. ;) but we walked around all Sunday saying goodbye to members investigators, I saw tears, not ready for more goodbyes.. but as my comp. was packing I decided to clean. haha and rearrange because who ever knows me and my room knows I love to rearrange :) I'll send pictures soon.

Miracle of the week: is two Sundays ago we were walking back to our house at like 9 when we were right around the corner when i noticed a white little car following us... then it sped up and got in front of us and the window roled down... then i heard "elders" in a crying panicky voice of a women.. she was in a hysterical crying depression... i couldn't understand anything she was saying... i felt so bad. but we cant counsel with her so we took her to the bishop. then we left and went back home.. then i asked why she was crying and my comp. explained to me that she has had problems with her son and drugs and he one time punched her because of the drug problem.. and she planned that night on killing her self. she was going to drive off into the canal and kill her self.. while she was driving to do it she saw us and knew that god still loved her and knew it wasn't what she could do. that is just so amazing to be just a tool like that to save someones life with doing nothing.. just being a servant or a tool of god. it just proves to me that god loves everyone of us, and he knows us! because there is no coincidence? when your doing gods work. i know that it was his hand in putting us there so she could see us! i love our heavenly father so much! helps me everyday! and all of you we just need to see it! recognize it! i love all of you!

Love,

Elder Horlacher
I cannot tell you how much I love seeing that face!!!
He loves his PDays when they get to learn how to make new things.


 Elder Horlacher making tortilla's he said they were delicious!!!


 He said that they had this carnival in town and SOOOO wanted to go on the rides,
but one of the workers said that he was too big, but he could play Foose Ball. haha
He said it actually was a lot of fun, and he never has fun playing foose ball.

 He wanted to show me his new blanket that covers his whole body.
He said that he's made some rearrangements on his room so we will most likely see a new view.
 He said that the Cemetery's are CRAZY!!!
Here are a few different views of the cemetery.
 
 
 He absolutely LOVES the sunsets their in Mexico.
 He said that he eats a lot of corn at mutual every Tuesday night.
 I don't know how this picture is doing this.
It must be a feature on his camera that he didn't realize.
But he said that this was a Nino.

No comments:

Post a Comment