CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Week 4 in Esperanza-Elder Islas

Que tal familia?

So Wednesday I got a hair cut during lunch, he gave me a really good haircut haha. it feels so good to have my short hair again! but definitely not as good as Jeff!! haha but during my hair cut i heard the song by one direction, steal my girl haha it is a really catchy song... i kinda like it haha too bad i cant listen to it right now. but also i haven't heard music that i can understand in like a week so that was nice. but after the hair cut we went to our investigator (oscar) and he had already pre-read the pamphlet and only had questions about joseph smith but we taught him the 1st lesson just in case, then he really didn't have any questions at the end haha but that lesson was the first time that me and my companion went subject switch to subject! it went great! I was so amazed at how strong the spirit was when we share the time!! The, I asked my investigator how he was feeling at the finish and he said "bien" (good) then I testified how the holy ghost works and how he can feel this feeling again when he prays and reads. it went great :) but we haven't challenged him to baptism yet.

ThursdayIi went on another inter cambio with Elder Orrenall, he's a good elder but he knows how to get under peoples skin by doing certain stuff... but he just threw me into the lessons with out warning... he said " i throw you into water, so you can learn how to swim" haha in a mexican voice.... haha but that day ended pretty frustrating... pero esta bien.

Friday, We walked with no answers, so we contacted some people that were in their front yard, and they told us that we can come back another day and teach their whole family so that was exciting, but we`ll see if they mean it or not.. some people say yes to get you to leave or just don't say no... kinda rough.. just like leonarda and rafeal.... they have stopped answering our knocks and yells... we can see them at times and know they are in there but they just don't answer its really sad... that they made that decision. 

Saturday I gave my first tour of the church!!! haha i didnt know words for everything so i just kinda walked and nodded.. but prayers really do get answered! i know that for a fact that heavenly father listens and answers every single question in his own time and way. i had two experiences this day with prayer, first i prayed that people would soften their hearts and take the tour and listen to our message.. and we only did tours for 1 hour but we all had a tour at the same time!! like boom boom boom, just like that i was just thinking wow... but the second experience is we were just answering questions that Oscar had, not teaching a lesson just checking up... and he was asking questions and i didn't know, i was really tired and it was dark and i started to almost fall asleep, and i knew that Oscar was sincere with his questions but i couldn't really understand (my spanish is rough with understanding...) so i was getting tired.. but i knew that i need to pay attention so i said a prayer in my heart that i could get energy or receive help to stay awake and right then i felt like my eyelids were lightened and i had no desire or tiredness the rest of the night! we are really lucky we can pray (talk) with god! so my advice is PRAY(talk) sincerely with him.. take time to pray. 

Sunday was stake conference... really small still smaller than one ward, different but cool. nothing happened this day... 

Monday played soccer for the last time... it is now a rule that we can't play soccer because a hermana was playing with elders and got bumped and cut her face, shoulder, leg... and the bill is really big.... so no mas soccer, so if i come back fat now you know why ;) haha but really.... i'm really depressed about that... but today we made home made doughnuts at a members house and they were alright, but i think i would rather just buy them haha. 

I love all you. Really, DON'T ever doubt that! I miss you tambien. Hope all is well.

Love, Elder Horlacher
 PDAY with some of the Elders in his area.
The last time playing soccer.
 I can't get over how much bigger he looks than the other Elders.
Look at the size of his neck, legs, head!!!!


 He was pretty excited about being at a Carl's Jr. that reminded him of home, 
Clean & yummy food.
 He said that it was REALLY nice
 He got his burger to go and ate on the bus.
 He said he enjoyed EVERY bite!!!
 Learning to make donuts at a members house.



 Elder Horlacher taking his turn in making donuts.
 He's showing us HIS donuts that he made
 A full pan of donuts

 He said that it was fun to learn, but would much rather just buy them.
 "Delishioso"

 Random pictures Trevor takes
 I hadn't seen him wear his khaki pants during his mission yet,
so I asked him why. He tells me, "They remind me of "Dad pants" and they are HOT!
 I told him that I want to see them on him and he better send me a picture.
He will never know unless he tries them out.
 So he sends me these pictures and says,
"Mom, I wore these pants for you today! I was right, THEY ARE HOT!"
(He did just get done playing basketball)
 But they are more comfortable because I've gained weight and they are a bigger size.
 He's telling me that he LOVES me!!!!
 Yes that is one of his companion's behind him.
He looks like a GIANT compared to him.
I sure LOVE my BOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment