CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 3 in The MTC-Temper Temper

Hello Fam! Another week has past! And the week has flown by! It feels like just yesterday I was writing home on the first night! But other than that time is flying now ;) not really yet but this week has been great! We got to teach TRC for the first time! That was pretty scary at first teaching a member, as if it was home teaching! But she said that she could feel the spirit so that's what really matters. Then we got to teach some pretend or not pretend investigators for TRC yesterday, that was very scary, but it all went good. Talking to natives is sooo different then talking to our white teachers that speak spanish... haha but its all a learning experience. 

Yesterday also was a big learning experience for me.... I had to take an elder into my companion ship because his comp went to get his visa for the day. This elder that came into our companionship & is probably one of the most lazy kids i know.... he sleeps all morning long while we are suppose to be studying for three hours, and to top it off while he is awake all he does is cack (slapping pointer finger on the rest of the fingers using arm motion haha) his finger..... that annoys the out of me!!! and I've told him plenty of times but he just doesn't listen! ok so me and my comp decide that he isn't going to sleep while we're his comps so we have some other elders take the couch room, so he throws a temper tantrum, then goes into another room and turns the lights out and lays on the ground.. so we go in there and turn the lights on and then study, then he throws another tantrum... storms out of the room then lays down in the main room and sleeps.... ooo my I was pretty mad. So i let him do his thing. Then on top of that he cacks and before, I would punch him as a friendly reminder to please stop-its annoying everyone, but now I told him that if he stops, then i'll stop punching him, but right after he just kept doing it and i didn't punch him again until.... he made eye contact and cacked his fingers right in front of my face! That was it, I punched him soo hard! Man he tested my patience all day! But he kinda cleaned up his act after I punched him.


But this Sunday was amazing, me and my companion taught district meeting about the gift of the holy ghost the spirit was soo strong! and everybody shared personal experiences of times they had with the spirit here. Then I found out that i'm the next district leader.... yipee. but from there had a good sacrament meeting, then i got to relax the rest of the day til choir practice ( which i was able to fill out a form to go to priesthood session, but i was not able to go :( my comp is going haha) then from there went to sunday devotional learned how to be a 100 watt light bulb missionary. Then I watched the testaments movie! that is an awesome movie! The ending of it when Christ is coming down to visit the Nephites just got me all teared up thinking about when Christ will come down again to us! and it just made me want to be the best I can be so I can run up to Christ and he'll be proud and I wont be afraid! So i tell all of you make sure that we are living our lives right so we can be proud of our selves and be able to run up to Christ.

 I found out that tonights devotional is going to be broadcasted to all the MTCs and that means it is most likely going to be a apostle! and i heard from a leader that we are really going to like this speaker.... so im hoping that its either Holland! or Bednar! i hope its one of those two! that would be sooo cool!

Some things us elders have done for fun lately is banana and sprite throwing up challenge ( they puked everywhere ahah) then pizza eating contest between me, elder white, and my comp. i think it was me with 10, elder white with 9, and elder walker with 10.5 haha crazy! the small guy won! i havent gained any more weight, im staying at 216... sad day. 

I just want you to know im doing great! i love this gospel, and all that it has to brings. I am so blessed that I get to learn more and more everyday about it and in 3 weeks go teach the people of Mexico about the true gospel! the spirit is crazy strong here! which reminds me what I forgot in the sunday activity... the rededication of the Ogden temple! The spirit was amazing, when we joined in singing at the end of the dedication it felt like we were singing with angels and it felt sooo good and peaceful but very powerful! man I love this gospel and the holy ghost. I learned that without prayer we can not know the truth of spiritual things... so get on your knees and pray often! I love you all soooo much and miss you everyday! thanks for everything!

Love, Elder Horlacher
 Elder Archeletta & Elder Horlacher (one of the elders in his district)
 Elder Horlacher showing us how BIG he's gotten - 216lbs
He said that everyone calls him, "Elder Hulk" in the West MTC,
because he is the biggest one. He's at a stand still with the weight gaining.
He's pretty sad about that. But he said that he's still ripped & doing push ups everyday!!!
 Class time
 Elders Restroom-hahaha
 He said this is the room that he sits in for 3 hours a day!!!
 Another view of the BYU Stadium
 Elder Horlacher & his companion, Elder Walker at the Temple on PDay
The Beautiful Provo Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment