CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Week 25 ~ Etchojoa ~ Elder Hernandez

sooooo~ Well, to be honest, this week was very stressful and difficult. But~ we endured and it turned out for the better. So, we made a little promise to contact 10 people in the streets everyday, like it has always been. So we went on Tuesday and we couldn't do anything until we had to fix our door, so we could lock it! So finally we got it done and we had about 30 minutes, so I said lets go and contact at the least 10 people, so we went and I'm not joking, I don't think that I have been rejected so hard by every single person that I talked to. They didn't even accept the cards we were giving. I was shocked and started to doubt myself and get very discouraged.. but the last person finally accepted and was actually interested in what we had to share and such! So it just shows to me, that we need to keep on going, don't give up early, don't quit, we aren't LDS quitters! I love that!
We still don't have very many investigators. Actually I can only think of two that we have actually taught. It's really quite sad, but we are starting to pick it up and we have found a lot more people. For instance I was fasting on Saturday to be led to more investigators and we received a reference from a member, so we went to go contact their house, and WOW this guy named Jose, 80 year old, is ready for the gospel       (I believe) he needs the gospel in his life. I asked him if he believed that he would see his son that passed away again and he said, "honestly... no". I just thought, dang that is truly sad! So I bore my testimony on how I know that I Will see my loved ones that have passed on again! I think he really took that into thought and he felt it! We challenged him to baptism and he accepted and we put the date of May 16th , he came to church the next day, so he is still in line to get baptized!! (Please pray for Jose that he will continue on this path, because Satan is strong and loves to work against me.)
After church we went to a member's home, that her husband is about to die... and when I saw him, it reminded me sooo much of how my grandpa looked the last few days of his life. I started to tear up from the memories of my grandpa.. but we gave her the sacrament and then gave her a lesson. Then she just told us how worried she is after her husband dies. And so I just told of the experience with my grandpa and grandma, in how my grandpa always took care of my grandma, until he got sick, and how after he got sick my grandma took care of him for 3 or 4 years and how I know that troubled my grandpa because he loved to take care of her, but he couldn't because of his health. Then I shared how after he passed away, I know that he could help my grandma and all of his family in ways that he couldn't before and continues helping us today. And how I have felt his presence with me personally while on my mission. I know that that really helped her! She felt the peace and was happier when we left. I felt grandpa with me in that moment! 
Well, I love this area... haha but really! It's cool great stuff here to do... Work! we still don't have bikes.. but we will this week hopefully! I love all of you!! 
Love, Elder Horlacher
 Trevor said, "The Field is White already to Harvest!"
 He said that his area is full of fields.


His New Casa
Trevor said that he is the corner part of the table, his companion is on the other side. 


 His bedroom doesn't have a closet or drawers for their clothes so he uses the clothesline that he took. His suitcases are under his bed as his drawers. Good thing we got the HARD suitcases.
 His make shift kitchen 
  Their yucky bathroom. He said that its on a cement slab and pretty gross, but this is clean.



Trevor has the greatest friends, Warner wrote this to him this week:
Dude I missed you a TON, but it was good to finally see you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment