CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

CIUDAD OBREGON MEXICO MISSION

Monday, June 27, 2016

Week 89 ~ Guamuchil, Sinaloa ~ Elder Sanchez

This week we got to visit Elizabeth and Miriam, and we resolved their doubts about Sunday services. We explained that the church is based on Revelation, like Christ's Church, because it is Christ's church, so we have to realize that its always better to have modern day revelation then only having the scriptures, and they totally understood. And said that they will keep going to church with us. BUT they didn't come to church this week. We don't know why but we will find out!! 

We have also been teaching a less active family from the ward and the one daughter isn't a member, and they are a very humble family that lives really far out in the boonies!! So they promised us that they would come to church with us this Sunday, so we told them that we were going to pass for them at 12 o'clock, 1 hour before the services start. They said yes and so we passed by for them and they weren't ready still, so we waited 40 minutes, then we finally started the long walk towards the church. And it was really hot, and they had a little girl that is like 5 years old, and she wasn't able to keep up with us because we were walking fast, so I got an idea to put her on my bike and push her, so I did! haha it helped us get to the church a lot faster. We finally got to the church at 1:20 but we were able to participate in the sacrament so that was a huge, huge blessing. I was praying for that while we were walking to church, in the way! and we got there right as they were about to close the door!! We saw miracles with their kids during church! Their kids are very, very disobedient and they don't like the church, but one of the sons (the most disobedient) wanted to enter the classes!!! It was so cool, everyone was shocked! 

Also the ex-bishop, Bishop Moreno, had a son that died on Sunday, and we went and sang some hymns at the funeral home. and the spirit was so strong, I remember thinking, "I know that God loves me and all his children, and I know that The Plan of Salvation is true. I love these reminders to me that I will see those that I love again."  It was a time that I saw so many people without the hope, or the understanding of why these things happen. And I love the Bishop Moreno, he was so strong, he knows the plan of salvation is true also, because he was a huge support for his family in this hard time, because the family took it really hard. I love this gospel and I love the plan, the plan is my motor to do good, to help me remember that I can see my savior and thank him, and live with him!! Always remember the Plan of Salvation! The church is true and I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to share the truth with these people in Mexico. 

I love you all, have a good week and look for opportunities to serve others. 

Elder Horlacher

No comments:

Post a Comment